Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25, 2012

Well, the hardest part about having the boys home is having them go again.  I'm glad to see them always, but it's so hard when they leave; you just miss them all the more from just having seen them.  I would not want to give up their visits so just have to put up with the hard part.  I was glad to have Mendi and Jeff as well, and hope they come again.  Here is my blessing for this Sunday, I knew I would make one because who else can say what is in my heart.

Blessing for Parting

May you go safely home, the way swift and clear.

May you enjoy the travel, noticing new things, time
to talk and grow closer.

Take our gratitude for the time you spent here,
for smiles, and meals we shared, for new understanding.

Take our love with you, warmth against any chill.

Remember, you are always welcome, though we know
you must have your own life, as we all do.

May the joy we shared go with you, and make memories
you will be glad to keep.

We are all blessed by the love gathered and shared, by hugs
and conversation, by memories and their making.

May we continue to be so blessed through every season
yet to come.

As they left, a huge crow flew through the yard, granting them the blessing of wild things, and the sky overhead, blue and boundless, promised fair weather.  There is no place to keep all that you love except in the shelter of your heart and in light of memory.  And so I do.

I hope this holiday, everyone had a feast of love and made their own memories to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment